Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Ebay Auctions Ending May 22

Amidst the excitement of the arrival of my new Zwergnase doll, I almost forgot to mention my current Ebay auctions!  So here goes:

First up, another BFC Ink doll, "Addison":
I don't find as many of these dolls at the thrift stores anymore, but when I do, it's usually Addison (blue-eyed brunette) or Kaitlin (green-eyed blonde).

These dolls are really pretty.  Their bodies are highly articulated--they have joints in all the regular places, as well as at the elbows, wrists, knees, ankles, and chest.  Every time I fix one up to sell, I think that maybe I should keep her...and then she sells, so I have to let her go!  I do have one in my collection that I am keeping...her name is "Yuko", and she is Asian.  I will have to post pictures of her later.  She is one of the rarer and harder to find BFC Ink girls.

This Addison's hair wasn't too bad when I found her, so it didn't take much to get it back into nice condition.   Unfortunately, these dolls did not come with great quality hair.  Since they were meant to be play dolls, they were, well, played with.  So when I find them, their hair is usually a snarly, matted mess.  I made her a new dress, even though she came with her original swimsuit.  I think pink suits her well.

I don't care for her swimsuit that much, which is why I also made her a pretty outfit.  I think she looks so much better in a sweet dress.

My other listing this week is for these two cuties:
18" dolls by Kingstate

I don't know which retailers originally carried these dolls, but they have the same body construction as the American Girl dolls and can share clothing and shoes with them.  These two cuties have sleep eyes and nice quality wigs, just like the American Girls.

Brown-eyed Brunette

Blue-eyed Blonde

They both have lovely, long, silky hair.  Of course, I made them dresses so they can arrive at their new home feeling "pretty".  They are being sold as a set, since I believe they are sisters and shouldn't be separated!











No comments:

Post a Comment