Finally, after long last, it is finished!
I honestly don't know why I put it off for so long, except for the fact that I like to procrastinate.
I'm extremely pleased with how it all turned out. The smocking is the same pattern that I did for the smaller dress.
The original dress would have been super-simple to construct, but I had to complicate things by smocking the bodice and adding an underskirt. Since the dress is fully lined, I essentially made two dresses and stitched them together.
As you can see, it's got great "twirl-a-bility". Pay no attention to big brother on the porch, who somehow kept scootering into my pictures.
Close-up of the sweet buttons.
She loves her dress. It's always so satisfying for me as a seamstress to finish an outfit that she can't wait to wear.
Sophie and her "doll of the day". Which is really one of my dolls, but in our house, she considers every doll her doll. This particular one is by Heidi Ott.
Now that these dresses are done, I can confidently say "bring on the wedding"!
Have a great evening!