Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter/Resurrection Day!

HAPPY EASTER! Or Resurrection Day, as many Christians are now calling it.

Because we don't have church services until the afternoon, we were able to enjoy a leisurely morning, finally coloring the eggs that were waiting for us. The colors just make me smile.

I know that some Christians prefer not to associate Easter with eggs and candy and bunnies, but I have such fond memories of all these things from when I was growing up, and I always knew the real reason behind our traditions.



Oldest daughter's nickname, since the day we brought her home from the hospital and I proclaimed how "itty bitty" she looked in her car seat.
Just the other day, one of my little ones asked me what eggs and bunnies had to do with Easter. I was so proud that they were thinking about it. "Well, nothing", I answered. "But eggs and baby animals remind us of new birth, and that's what we get when we trust Jesus to be our savior".

We have an egg hunt planned soon, church service, and then the rest of the day spent visiting my oldest son. He and his girlfriend are making us dinner! And the sun is out. On EASTER. It couldn't really get much better. Hope you're having a wonderful Easter Sunday with your family, too. Jesus lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment