Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Portabellopixie "Claire" Pattern

This is such a cute and easy pattern. I made it last year, for my two-year-old, and get so many compliments every time she wears it. Tomorrow, there is a baby shower at our church for a precious, new, baby girl, and so I decided to make this pattern again. I cut out the smallest size, 6-12 months.
This is truly a simple pattern. There are no buttons or zippers. Once the pieces are cut out, it takes less than an hour to sew together. Really! I like that it has elastic gathering in the neckline and sleeves, making it an easy fit that can grow a bit with the child. It can look quite whimsical and "boutique" depending on which fabrics you put together. Picking out the fabrics is my favorite part! I used some sweet, 1930's prints, and a vintage linen for the attached apron--all from my immense fabric stash.
Simple ties gather in the fullness. There is a deep, 2" doubled hem. I love deep hems...it makes the garment hang nicer and just look better, I think. I wish I had a little girl small enough to model this, as it looks so much sweeter on a chubby baby than hanging on a hanger. I guess I'll just have to wait until the recipient is big enough to wear it. Welcome, baby Grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment