Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Walk to the Thrift Store

We celebrated the beautiful, sunny (but cold!) weather today by running through a park. Hey, at least it wasn't raining. That's cause for celebration enough around these parts!
We also took a walk around the neighborhood, which led us to our neighborhood thrift store. I LOVE thrift stores...especially this one. Most of the items are not individually priced. It's the kind of store where you just bring everything you want to buy up to the front counter, and they say "how about $10?" Which is what I spent for everything in the above picture. This includes a name brand hoodie and a tee-shirt for my oldest daughter, a pretty, white shirt for the two-year old, a large, framed picture, a Ravensburger puzzle, a vintage china plate made in England, a vintage vase made in Japan, lots of kid books (because we love to read), and last but not least, a three yard piece of beautiful fabric by Robyn Pandolph for Moda Fabrics. I am really trying not to bring much new fabric home this year, as I want to use up what I have. But I just couldn't pass this up. It's a very, high-quality quilter's cotton that runs about $12 a yard at the fabric store. And I paid, I don't know, maybe 50 cents for it?
Son #4 on this cool spinny thing at the park. It's so much fun. You jump on, grabbing hold of the pole, and the g-forces whip you around like crazy. I didn't go on it this time. But I have experienced it, and let's just say, I'm not as good at handling spinning as I used to be when I was...um...younger.
The tomboy, the princess, and the sweetheart.
Can't go to the park without a swing picture, right? Sophia loved it. But she kept complaining that her fingers were "feezing". (She can't say her "r's" very well yet) I tried to get her to keep on her mittens, hat and coat, but, well, she's two. Enough said.
And here she is, doing "canon balls" off the slide. She is my risk taker/daredevil. I guess that happens when you're the youngest of eight and need to keep up with everybody else.
Son #5, my sweetheart. Sometimes, I could just eat him up, he's so sweet. Apparently, the fever he had yesterday was nowhere to be found today.
Here's wishing you all a beautiful, winter's day!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you got some awesome deals! I love that store. We'll have to get over there again next time we come over that way. :) I love also, seeing pics of your kids, how cute they are!!

    ReplyDelete