Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Sunday, April 28, 2019

New Etsy Listings for 18" Slim Body Dolls

A few months ago, I decided to make a bunch of dresses for the 18" slim-bodied dolls in my collection.  I made 10 all at once, and used some of them to dress the naked dolls that I wanted to list on Ebay.  These are the left-overs, which I just listed in my Etsy store!  They will fit the 18" Gotz Happy Kidz, Classic Kidz, and Hannah; also Journey Girls and Magic Attic Dolls.

Gotz Classic Kidz VRONI is shown here with my favorite version of all the dresses.  Probably because it's pink.  And floral.   And has white, dainty, cluney lace.  All the things I love!




Aren't those flutter sleeves just the sweetest?

Gotz Hannah

I found this sweetie at Goodwill several years ago.  Can you imagine someone donating her?!?  She is just so darling.

I never bought much fabric at JoAnn's because I didn't think their quality was as nice as the quilting store fabrics.  But lately they've been upping their game, coming out with "premium cottons" in delightful prints.  I just fell in love with this parasol print when I saw it.  Of course, I only bought one yard, and then it disappeared, never to be seen again.  So the moral of this sad story is:  ALWAYS buy more yardage than you think you'll need, because you'll probably never find it again!




Journey Girls CALLIE

I found his cutie at Goodwill, too.  Her face is just so pretty.

The print has a 1930's vibe to me


Magic Attic Megan

Another Goodwill find!  I was going to sell her, but then I fixed her up and fell in love with her cute little face.  Her hair is soft and silky.  She is the slimmest of all these dolls, but the dress still fits her fairly well.

I just love this Mickey/Minnie fabric!




Gotz Happy Kidz Charlotte

What a pretty girl...I could stare at her face all day

I believe she was sculpted by Sissel Skille for Gotz


All of the 18" slim-bodied doll dresses I have available--this photo took me forever to get.  It was windy this afternoon, and our yard is very bumpy and uneven.  Trying to get all six dolls to hold a pose and not blow over in the wind was a challenge!

18" BFC Ink Doll, YUKO

I made several of these dresses for the naked BFC Ink dolls I was selling, and this was an extra.

I designed this pattern several years ago, because Yuko has very different body from other 18" dolls.  She is multi-jointed and very slender, with a teenage figure.  I created the bodice with two darts in the front and two in the back so that it fits her body perfectly.


I usually sell all of the BFC Ink dolls I come across, but I had to keep this one.  I am partial to Asian sculpts, and this one is just so pretty.

My girls are ready for spring, and hopeful that the warm, sunny weather decides to stick around for awhile!

You can find these dresses and more in my Etsy shop!


No comments:

Post a Comment