Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Thursday, June 16, 2016

New American Girl Dolls--WELLIE WISHERS!

Have you heard?  American Girl is debuting a new line of dolls called "Wellie Wishers" next week!

They appear to be around 16" tall, with what appears to be an all-vinyl body.  Judging by the video clip which American Girl has released on their website, they seem to be aimed at a younger market of girls than their 18" big sisters.  Here's a link to the video:  http://www.americangirl.com/shop/welliewishers-from-american-girl

I think they are adorable!  They are called "Wellie Wishers" because of the galoshes they wear, which are also called "Wellies" over in Great Britain. 

While it looks like they may all have the same face mold, I'm glad to see that there is at least some diversity with skin color and ethnicity.

There's not a whole lot of information about these dolls yet (I guess we'll have to wait until next week for their actual release!) but it is rumored that their names are Ashlyn, Camille, Emerson, Kendall, and Willa.  There will also be accessories available, including a tea set (you catch a glimpse of this in the video clip), a bunny with a hutch, a theatrical stage, and a house!  Amazon has three book titles listed to be released in September..."The Riddle of the Robin", "Ashlyn's Unsurprise Party", and "The Muddily Puddily Show".  All of these were written by Valerie Tripp, the same author who wrote the Samantha, Molly, and Felicity books, among others.

I have really been loving smaller dolls lately--they take up less room!  And since the Hearts 4 Hearts dolls are no longer being produced (some of my favorites of the smaller dolls), I think these "Wellie Wishers" might be a nice alternative.  Now the big question left is, how much will they cost?  I can only imagine that since it is American Girl, the price will not be cheap.  I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

2 comments:

  1. I heard about these a few months ago and saw these same photos. I think they are all so adorable! I was thinking of getting one for my granddaughter and myself, but maybe I will settle for just getting her one. I'm trying to be good and not add too many dolls to my small space. Some are so hard to resist!
    ~Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! I'd love them all, but space and $$$ are important deciding factors. Depending on the price, I'd like to have the little red head and the Asian. I read somewhere that they will cost $60--not sure how accurate this is, but it sounds about right.

    ReplyDelete