Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Do You Want to Build a Snowman???

I so often marvel at the beautiful photos of dolls on other people's blogs, that I finally decided to take some of my own.
 
American Girl Nicki, Kirsten, and mini Bitty Baby
 
I love everything about Nicki--her blue eyes, freckles, and light, brown, curly hair.
 
I bought Kirsten second-hand from a doll show several years ago.  She is pre-Mattel with the Pleasant Co. stamp on the back of her neck.  Her hair is looking a bit dry--I think she may be due for a trip to the "beauty salon" soon!
 
 
In 2005, American Girl offered a 9" baby doll in a cradle named "Baby Polly" as part of Felicity's collection.  I thought she was adorable, but I didn't want to pay the $48 price tag.  AG also offered an identical baby doll dressed in a pink sleeper, which came in stroller.  She was not named, and sold as an accessory for the American Girl of Today.  She cost a bit less at $42, so I purchased her instead.  I wish now that I would have spent the extra $6 and bought Baby Polly, because her wooden cradle was so sweet.  Oh, well.  Live and learn.  I call this baby "Mini Bitty", because her construction is just like that of the Bitty Baby dolls.
 
Kirsten holds the finishing touch for the snowman--a carrot for his nose!
 
 
 
 
One of my favorite things about Nicki--her beautiful hair!
 
 
I made both Nicki and Kirsten's coats many years ago and can no longer remember the patterns I used.  Nicki's fully lined, capelet-coat and bonnet are made from a super soft, plush corduroy, and the pattern came from a library book (I remember that much!).    Kirsten's hooded coat was made from a thrifted wool skirt, and the pattern may have been one that I drafted myself.  Mini Bitty's sleigh is a Christmas decoration I found once at Goodwill.
 
Our weather is warming and the snow will soon be a distant memory.  I'm glad I took these pictures to remind me of a beautiful, February snowfall!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment