Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Monday, August 22, 2016

Amelia as "Alice"

"Oh, Dinah, how could anyone possibly like a book without any pictures in it?"
 
"Mr. Rabbit, wait!  Please wait!  Where are you running off to in such a hurry?"
 
How very curious!  A tea party, in the middle of nowhere.
 
"May I join you?"
 
"You are late!"
 
"Late for what?" asked Alice.
 
"Why, the 'unbirthday' celebration, of course," announced the White Rabbit.
 
"Oh, dear...this table is rather large, or perhaps, I'm too small...I can't quite reach the teapot..."
 
The more I've been enjoying my Girl for All Time Amelia, the more I realized that she would make the perfect "Alice".  I had the perfect blue, cotton sateen fabric in my stash for her dress.  It is trimmed with vintage trims and closes in back with snaps under decorative buttons.
 
Many, vintage, Alice illustrations picture her wearing black & white striped tights.  I made her a pair using a thrifted, women's knit shirt.  So easy and gratifying.
 
The skirt and bib for her apron are cut from a vintage hankie.
 
My "Alice" collection is growing bit by bit.  Next month, Hubby and I are going to Disneyland (by ourselves!) to celebrate our 30 year wedding anniversary.  I can hardly wait!  I hope to come home with a few more Alice things for my collection.  I will also take along my mini Disney animator Alice doll as a travel doll.  I plan on taking lots of pictures with her at all the places we visit.  Did I already say I can hardly wait?!?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment