Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

I can't remember the last time we had a warm sunny day on Easter.  Usually, it rains.  At least, in our neck of the woods, anyway.  We had our egg/basket hunt, went to church (our service is in the afternoon), and then invited friends back home with us for dinner and socializing.  We had a lovely evening.  But now I'm tired and ready for bed.  I had fully intended on starting another sewing project this evening while watching the season premiere of "Call the Midwife", but I think I'll head to bed instead.  I've stayed up way too late for the past several nights, and it's starting to catch up with me.  Have you seen "Call the Midwife"?  If you like watching things about babies and childbirth and the 1950's, then you'd love this show.  The first season is out on dvd.  Get it.  Rent it.  Borrow it.  It's that good.  It runs a very close second to my favorite show, "Downton Abbey".  Seriously, that show is the BEST.  The problem with these British television series, though, is that they only run about 7 episodes--just enough to get you hooked and drooling for more--and then you have to wait about 3/4 of a year for the new season to start up again.  But definitely worth the wait! 
Anyway, I'll be starting on a doll dress tomorrow.  I've been commissioned to make a reproduction dress for a Patty Play Pal doll from 1959.  I've got the fabric and the pattern--just need to start sewing!  Hope you had a wonderful Easter Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment