Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Dress Up!

Sophie is my girlie-girl. She loves babies and dress-up and anything that has something to do with being feminine. My boys are your typical boys. Dirt and bugs and legos, but not necessarily in that order. This particular boy has an "artsy" side. So every now and then I'll find him doing something out of the ordinary, like dressing up his little sister like a princess. He picked out her dress, which has become too short, so he also added a black, tulle skirt underneath to give it some length. Next, they raided the jewelry box for necklaces and clip-on earrings. When my mother passed away a couple of years ago, she left behind a box filled with costume jewelery which my kids love to play with.
Then came the hairstyling, and finally the hairspray to hold it all in place. Little sister is eating this up.
The stylist and his protege.
Just look at all that bling!
Here's "the pose". Little sister has got this one down good. It is her go-to pose whenever she sees the camera. And lest you think she is completely sugar and spice, about 5 minutes after this picture was taken, she was jumping outside on the trampoline with her brothers, wearing nothing but her underwear. In 40 degree weather. With gusty winds. I did not take a picture. I should have. But I think you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment