Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Vintage Madame Alexander Baby Victoria Rehab...Part 2 and FINISHED!

Do you all remember this dirty little soul from my last post?  I told you I was going to rehab her, and I did!

I used my trusty hemostat to pull out all of the stuffing.

I just knew that there was a cute little baby under all those years of dirt and grime.

Perhaps if you zoom in on this picture, you will see that her cloth body looks 100 times better!  This is after I soaked her overnight in a bucket of hot water with OxyClean powder, and then hung her body out on the laundry line to dry in the hot sun over 4th of July.  I also scrubbed her vinyl with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

I managed to get all that stuffing back into her body!  Because I had to cut the old zip tie from her neck, I replaced it with cotton cording which looks very similar to what American Girl uses/used for their dolls.

I buy it at JoAnn's, in the jewelry making department.

Here she is, ready to be dressed, with a nice, clean body.

Her dress is tagged and original.  Her bloomer panties are vintage replacements.  I soaked them both in OxyClean as well, and they came out looking brand new.  OxyClean should really give me something for promoting their product.  I use it and rave about it all the time!

And the best part about this entire make-over...I was actually able to repair her cry box!  I will explain how I did it in my next post.  I tried to upload a video, but I can't get it to work right now.  My super-techie adult son is coming over this weekend, so hopefully he can walk his old mother through how to upload a video.  Until then, have a great Saturday!












2 comments: