Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Thursday, August 10, 2017

More Stuff in My Etsy Shop!

I did it!  I added more items to my Etsy shop today.  I'm proud of myself for getting it done so quickly, too, especially since I had other things "come up" today that needed my attention.  First, I sold 22, 18" dolls to the same person on Ebay.  Yes, I said 22.  These were dolls I had picked up at thrift stores here and there and planned on dressing to resell.  Well, I finally came to the realization that I'd rather just sell the clothing, so I put the nude dolls up in lots and sold them that way.  I'm so glad to be clearing out and making room!  But 22 dolls needed a rather large box, and by large, I mean HUGE.  Lucky for me, I remembered that my husband had just bought a new Coleman Cooler, and that box fit the dolls perfectly, with no room to spare.  It took me the better part of an hour to get them all securely wrapped and packed, and print out a shipping label.  After that, I had to start hemming a bridesmaid dress for my daughter who is in a wedding this weekend.  Three layers of chiffon and other synthetic fabric...UGGHHH!  I hate sewing with that stuff!  It gives me nightmares.  Give me cottons and other natural fibers any day.  3 1/2 frustrating hours later,  I finally got it done.  Half my day was now gone, although I did feel accomplished.  Now, I could finally work on listing more Etsy items!
 
Sweet little Mulan, a Disney Animator doll, modeling a dress I designed myself.  I just love the big pockets at the side panels of the skirt.   The purple fabric has darling, lavender bunnies hopping across it.  So cute.
 
Rapunzel looking demure in a sweet sundress with a scalloped hem band.  Another design of my own.
 
Jasmine looking dainty in blue and white.
 
Belle modeling a dress made from fabric that's been in my stash for years--it's a 1930's print depicting "Little Boy Blue".
 
And I didn't forget the 18" crowd:
 
I think I might have shared this sweet Gotz doll before...I actually had her for sale on Ebay, but she never sold.  After sitting in my sewing room for a while, I've grown to really like her, so I think I'll let her stick around for awhile!  She's wearing a dress made with Simplicity 8314.  Of course, I tweaked it a bit (left it sleeveless, added rick rack to the hem, and lined the entire dress instead of using neck and armhole facings), and it's become one of my favorite patterns.  It goes together quickly and easily.
 
 
 
All of the A-line dresses come with matching, reversible, knotted headbands.
 
So, in case you're keeping track, that now makes NINE items for sale in my Etsy account!  I hope to add a little more every week so I can build up a good inventory.  I have more things I want to sew for the Wellie Wishers, but I also want to try my hand at sewing for the 13" dolls, like Dianna Effner's Little Darling dolls.  No, I do not have one of these dolls...yet!  They are so beautiful and on my wish list.  But they aren't cheap, and it takes up to 3 years of being on a waiting list after you've placed your order before receiving one! (They are hand-painted by skilled artists)  I do, however, have a 13" Faith & Friends doll which has almost the exact same measurements as a Little Darling, so I think I can use her as a model.  We'll see.  I don't know if I've ever showed her to you before, so maybe that'll be my next blog post.
 
I'd also like to create outfits for the 18-19" slim bodied Gotz dolls, as well as Sasha, and maybe some vintage outfits for antique dolls.  So many possibilities.  I do know I won't run out of fabric any time soon!
 
Here's a link to my Etsy page, just in case you want to visit:
 
 
Have a great evening!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment