Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

And MORE Etsy Stuff!

Okay, I promise that this will be the last post about my Etsy listings for a bit...I don't want you to expect that that's all I'm going to blog about!  But I have listed a few more items, and guess what?  I've actually sold four of them now!  I'm so excited.  It's really validating and humbling to think that others are willing to spend their hard-earned money on something I made.  I did a major happy dance when I discovered that I had made my first sale on this little item:
 
A sweet dress for my Wellie Wisher, Emerson.  (I call her Emmy)
 
How cute is this fabric?!?  Vintage puppies frolicking across a pink background--this just makes me all kinds of happy!
 
This dress also came with coordinating pantalettes.
 
This set is still available:
Willa is my model this time.  I called this set "Summer Quackers" because of the adorable duck print.
 
See what I mean?  Cute!  I used a contrast, yellow fabric on the hem band and upper bodice.
 
It also has coordinating pantalettes.
 
This dress reminds me of cotton candy...something about those delicious pinks and blue, I think.  It has a double layer skirt with a pink ruffle underneath for added fullness.  I also made a matching hair clip.
 
The bodice has extra detail with silk ribbon flowers sewn across the pink, contrast band.  This is another dress that has sold!
 
This one is still available and one of my favorites!  Something about a drop-waist dress on a little girl just makes my heart melt.  Funny, when I first started sewing it, I didn't think I was going to like it...I mean, the background is a greyish-black color and the trailing rose bouquets are a little larger scale then I usually like for doll clothes...but once I added the underskirt with the coordinating, pink ruffle and the pink waist band with the ribbon bow--well, I just fell in love!  The colors just pop and the whole look is so sweet.  I honestly won't be sad if it doesn't sell because it looks so great on my Caroline doll.  There is also a matching hair clip.
 
I've also sold this dress for the Disney Animators from my previous post:
 
 
And this one:
 
 
Whew!  I guess it's time to get back to my sewing machine and crank out some more doll clothes!  I recently drafted the cutest pair of "shortalls" for the Disney Animator dolls, along with a knit t-shirt to wear underneath, so I think this will be the next thing I list.  I will also create it in a size to fit the 14" dolls like the Wellie Wishers and Hearts 4 Hearts girls.
 
I currently have four, Bitty Baby size dresses in various stages of completion on my sewing table--I should really finish them first so that I can sell the Bittys on Ebay.  As I look around my sewing/doll room, I realize that there are SO MANY dolls for which I want to create clothing, and so little hours in the day!  Do any of you feel that way, too? 
 
Oh, and I almost forgot, this past weekend I got to attend another doll show, and I came home with some neat treasures, one of which is a doll (well, duh!)  She is the cutest, little, German, celluloid head on a composition body, probably made in the first decade of the 1900's.  She's about the size of a Bleuette.  I will try to show her and my other treasures tomorrow, as it is getting quite late now and I need to head off to bed.  Have a great evening!
 
p.s.  I suppose I should mention again that my seller name on Etsy is DotsydoodleDollies, just in case you want to check it out!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first sales! How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I had no doubt that your items would sell. They are so very pretty and your skill & expertise in sewing are evident. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you so much! It's nice to be able to make a little bit of money doing something I love--sewing and playing with dolls!

      Delete