Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas and a New Baby!

Almost one year ago, I came across this completely, adorable, baby doll on the internet. 
 
 I think I was browsing Pinterest (dangerous place!) when I saw her.  I was so taken with her face that I had to find out where I could get one.  I showed her to my youngest who fell in love with her, too.  The original plan was that I was going to purchase her for Sophie's 7th birthday back in March.  But for whatever reason, it never happened.  Sophie has not stopped talking about this doll since then, so I figured that was a pretty good indication she would make a wonderful Christmas gift!
 
Getting a first glimpse as she opened the package...
 
Baby Mei from Paradise Galleries!
 
After an outfit change.  Doesn't she have the most adorable face?  Baby Mei is about 20" tall and wears newborn/size 3 mos clothing.  Her limbs and head are vinyl, and her soft, stuffed body has pellets in her bottom for a nice, weighted feel.  These are the only photos I was able to snap today before it got dark.  I hope to get more tomorrow so I can really show how darling she is!  It is safe to say that this was Sophie's favorite gift.
 
And here's most of our crew on Christmas Eve.  We were only missing our eldest and his wife, both of whom had to work.  The picture is a little soft and out of focus, but it is the only one I got of us all amidst the chaos, so it'll have to do.  My eldest daughter is due to have our second grandchild at the end of January, and my second son and his wife are having our third grandbaby sometime in July.  Next year's Christmas photo will have even more people!  Christmas and family--two of my favorite things.
 
Hope you are having a Merry Christmas, too! 
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I am blessed to still have a little girl who dreams about new dollies. Makes my heart so happy!

      Delete
  2. Angela, the photos are so lovely. Your daughter is darling. The doll is so cute! I love baby dolls. I usually got one each Christmas growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! This particular baby doll is so wonderful to hold--floppy and squishy, just like a real baby. My daughter has convinced me that we need to go out today and buy her a new outfit. I guess we'll be making a run to the local children's second hand store this afternoon!

      Delete
  3. I think I'll do a post about my "Christmas dolls" on my doll blog....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please do! It's so fun to see what everyone got.

      Delete
  4. Lovely family! Your daughter looks very happy with her new doll. Happy new year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete