I really want to be sewing for my dolls right now, but for some reason, I've had so many other projects demanding my time! One of them was this bumper set for a sweet, baby girl:
You may remember that I made a diaper stacker, dust ruffle, and valance several months ago for this same baby, and now the mama wanted me to use the leftover fabric to make a bumper set. There wasn't enough fabric left for the project, so I made trip to JoAnn's (where the fabric was originally purchased) to see if they still carried the elephant print. Well, of course they didn't. I check three, different JoAnn's with no luck. But I did manage to find the pink dotted fabric which matched perfectly, so that is what I decided to use. The pattern was fairly easy and straightforward, but I always make things more difficult by adding more detail. For example, instead of using ribbon for the ties which the pattern suggested, I made fabric ties. Easy, but time consuming. I also added piping along the top, curved edges.
My next project, which needed to be completed in time for a shower this weekend, was another baby quilt. This time, I got to choose bright, primary colors since it is for a little boy:
I had actually made the quilt top several months ago, and then set it aside. My original goal was to have several quilt tops made and set aside for upcoming baby showers. This was the only one I got around to doing, but at least I got to use it!
The pattern is from a baby quilt book I have by Ursula Reikes. I believe it's called "Even More Quilts for Baby".
My first Pinwheel quilt. I'm pretty proud that all my corners seemed to match up well.
The back is a cozy flannel, as usual, and quilted in simple lines.
I am hoping (fingers crossed!) to get some doll sewing done this week. I did buy my daughter some fabric for her Easter dress, so that may happen as well. Stay tuned!