Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Baby Quilts

This week was productive...I made two baby quilts for two, precious, baby girls due to be born soon.

 
The first is a fairly simple pattern, because I waited until the last minute and needed to crank it out in one evening.  I think it took me longer to pick out the fabrics and figure out which one would go where than it did to actually piece the front together!
 
 
I've had the main print, Kitty Cucumber on a yellow background, in my stash for YEARS.  I just think it's so cute, I have a hard time cutting into it.  Does anybody else have this problem?
 
 
The cozy, flannel backing:
 
 
The second quilt took me MUCH longer to assemble, as it has so many more pieces than the first quilt.
 
I happened to browse through a quilt magazine in the check out aisle the other day, and I saw a quilt pattern just like this.  I made a mental note of the layout, and then came home and figured it out.  I just love the vintage feel to it.  The mother receiving this is decorating her nursery in pinks and lavenders, so I needed to incorporate these colors.
 
I've had the main print of this quilt in my stash for years, also.  Another favorite that I have trouble cutting into!  I think it's a Michael Miller print, if I remember correctly.  Those little babies perched in blossoms...how cute is that?
 
Another flannel backing
 
I pride myself in knowing that every single piece of fabric, batting, and backing came from my stash!  I attended one baby shower today, and will go to the next one tomorrow.  I used to attend baby showers for my friends...now I'm going to the showers of my friend's grandbabies!  Life just speeds right along, doesn't it?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. The quilt you made for our Sweet Caroline is beautiful and a precious item that will be treasured for years to come!! Morgana loves it, and so do I! Thank you for taking the time to make it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm so glad you love it! It is one of the favorites I've made so far. It's wonderful to think of the precious, new baby that'll be using it soon!

      Delete