Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Still Alive and Sewing...

I can't believe that almost 2/3 of a year have gone by since I last posted something!  I don't know what happened.  Seriously.  But I did have a great garden!  Here are my younger kids in the corn patch:

 
Some of our bounty:  There is NOTHING like home-grown corn and tomatoes!
 
 
Big news for 2013:  Son #3 got engaged to a wonderful girl!  The wedding is set for May 17th, 2014.
 
More big news:  Son #2 and his wife announced the impending arrival of our first grandchild!
 
Hubby and I celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary with a night away on the Oregon coast.  It was lovely.
 
Our chickens started laying eggs!
 
 
And...drumroll please...we BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!
 
It is tiny.  One bedroom, one bath, a small kitchen, and a huge garage.  But it's on five, wonderful, country acres.  We are in love.  There is remodeling going on.  Lots and lots of remodeling.  We are converting the garage into living space:  two bedrooms, a living room, a front hall, and a laundry/mud room.  We are also adding a master bedroom suite and a sewing/playroom up in the attic. 
 
 
Eventually, there will be dormer windows in the roof, and a large, front porch.  Did I mention we are doing ALL the work ourselves?  Yeah.  I've become pretty adept with the chop saw.  We hope to have it move-in ready by early summer.  We'll see.  Here is a view of the rear of the home:
 
And another shot of the gorgeous property.  (The kids are pretty cute, too.)
 
 
I have done some sewing, and I will post more about those projects soon.  But for right now, here is one thing I completed which I absolutely loved...my daughter's Christmas dress.  The main fabric has retro-looking reindeer on a white background, and I also added white, pom-pom trim for an even more vintage look.  So cute.  I made it a longer than normal, with the hopes that she'll be able to wear it next holiday season as well:
 
Our family at Christmas:  I had ALL my children, plus my wonderful daughter-in-love, present and accounted for.
 
We started out the new year with a baby shower for my expected grandchild (a boy!)
 
I went with a vintage decorating theme. 
 
 
We are now on baby watch.  The due date is February 4, but according to the doctor, it could be any day now!  They live two hours north from us, so as soon as we get the call she's in labor, hubby and I will be heading up.  And trying not to speed.  I will be armed with my camera (or course!) and hope to take pictures right after the birth.  I can't wait to drink in all that precious, newborn sweetness.  Me, a grandmother.  Hard to imagine.  But I am so ready!


 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment