Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hikes, Blueberries, and a Smocking Sneak-Peek

Hubby and I took the five younger kids out to my Dad's place today.  We hadn't visited in a while, and the kids love going out there.  His property borders forest land, so there are plenty of trails to explore.

We decided to hike the trail that takes you to the top of "the mountain".  It's pretty long and steep, but Sophia hiked along just like the big kids.

Here's a peek-a-boo view from the top...isn't it pretty?  Actually, there used to be a much better view of the entire valley beyond, but the trees have grown up quite a bit since the last time we came up here.

Coming back down the mountain...Sophia was getting pretty tired by then and wanted me to carry her, but I convinced her to just hold my hand.  She did great!

It's so pretty back in these woods.  I wished we could just pitch a tent and camp there for a while.

Someday I hope to live in a  place that's as wonderful as this.  In the meanwhile, we'll just have to visit my dad more often!

My dad has wonderful blueberry plants that were ripe for the picking.  We must have picked at least 15 pounds.  And that's not counting the pounds we ate straight off the bushes!

And lest you think I haven't been doing any sewing, rest assured that I have.  Here is a sneak peak of the smocking and embroidery I have completed on both the flower girl dresses.  They are almost finished.  The fabric is so pretty.  It's a Michael Miller print called "Fairy Frost" in a 100% quilter's cotton, but it has a lovely sheen.  Just perfect for a wedding.  The bride chose robin's egg blue as one of her colors, and this fabric was exactly the shade she wanted.  I hope to have both dresses finished by tomorrow and will definitely post pictures more pictures then.

Hope you had a wonderful day.  My shadow bids you good-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment