Maud Humphrey

Maud Humphrey

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Another Look

We took another drive out to "our" property today.  At least, that's what I'm calling it until we know otherwise.

 
I know I'm putting my heart out there, because if we don't get it, I'm going to be disappointed.  I'm trying to tell myself that if it's not meant to be ours, then there is something better waiting for us.  Still, it's hard not to get attached.
 
We brought along our walking shoes, grabbed a big stick, and whacked the underbrush so we could explore.
 
This is the land that borders the property on one side.  Isn't it breathtaking?  I can envision my horse-crazy daughter galloping her horse across this beautiful expanse.
 
An old tree stump that just begged to be climbed.  That's what they're there for, right?!?
 
The field was scattered with daisies.  The big, plump kind, just perfect for picking and sniffing.
 
I am of the personal opinion that all little boys (and little girls, too!) are perfectly happy with a stick and a walk in the woods.
 
There were lots of these.  Ripe and luscious, perfect juicy morsels.  Our fingers became stained with the purple/red juice.
 
Annie, right in the middle of the thicket, where the best blackberries always seem to hide.
 
Jackson made a new friend.  Okay, so maybe a little boy only needs a stick and a friendly bug to be truly happy.
 
I love this oak tree.  Or is it a maple?  Whichever it is, I'm already planning the swing that will hang from it's sturdy branches.
 
Our fuzzy friend was released back to his home when it came time for us to leave.
 
And here we are on the drive home, daring to hope that the dream of building a house on this property might actually come true.  It only took us moments (seconds!) to decide that we wanted this to be our next home.  We turned in all the paperwork to the house builder so we can be approved for the financing, and we made a call to our realtor and put in an offer.  Now, we wait.  I'm not good at waiting.  But that's just the way it is.  I will try to enjoy my weekend and not dwell on what may or may not be.  I will relish these last days of summer before autumn hits, and the rain comes to stay in place of the sun.  I will eat a popsicle and pick more blackberries and take a nap on the trampoline.  I will practise my patience!


2 comments:

  1. How exciting! It looks beautiful, just like the kind of place you should be!! I hope you get it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marlina! I'll let you know as soon as we find out. I bet you're enjoying your new home as well. Nice to hear that Poppy made it home safe and sound!

      Delete